Yes, welcome to the Strangeloop walking tour of North Burial Ground. We've been expecting you.
There are three ways to experience the self-guided walking tour at the cemetery:
1. Web-Enabled Mobile Device self-guided tour (using an iPhone, Blackberry, etc.).
2. Video Podcast self-guided tour (using a portable MP3 player or phone with video capabilities and the printable PDF map).
3. Audio Podcast self-guided tour (using a portable MP3 player or phone and the printable PDF map).
OR you can experience the tour virtually by navigating the map and viewing the movies on this or any computer connected to the world wide web.
DIRECTIONS for Web-Enabled Mobile Device:
1. Use your iPhone to navigate to this website.
2. Using the map, search out the 12 locations at the burial ground. Each marker is geo-tagged with precise GPS coordinates.
3. Once you've arrived at the locations, click on the markers on the map to view the movies.
DIRECTIONS for Video Podcast:
1. Download the video podcast to your IPod, etc. from this website.
2. Print out the PDF map and bring it with you to the cemetery.
3. Using the map, search out the 12 locations at the burial ground. Each location is marked with a small, numbered tile so you'll know when you've found it.
3. Once you've arrived at the locations, watch the associated video.
DIRECTIONS for Audio Podcast:
1. Follow the directions for the Video Podcast above.
As of this posting, the video podcast has been updated to include chapter markers for each location on the tour.
We would very much enjoy any feedback you have to offer.